"Sometimes I wish I were blind. Then, I could see a person's soul before I see their face..." a friend in NY 1969

Friday, April 23, 2010


Tonight....tonight....won't be just any night..... because tonight the golden tenor voice of Mark Tisdel, the piano styling of Manfred Dreilich, with flutist Alexia Jowers, and percussionist Ted Molina with vocalist Jennifer Hickman will be gracing Brevard County with another incredible concert. Both Mark and Manfred are recording artists, and their music is on "i-tunes" as well as by CDs. St.John the Evangelist Catholic Community is hosting the event, which will benefit an organization who's goal is to eliminate hunger and poverty in Africa.

For many years (almost two decades) Mark Tisdel and Manfred Dreilich have offered their talents to worthwhile campaigns in Michigan and in Florida. They are the perfect example of giving of time, talent, and treasure. The treasure is the countless hours of practice, relentless rehearsing .... and their talents do not remain hidden beneath a basket.

What would the world be like if everyone on the planet (yes, EVERYONE) would follow such an example of giving? There would be no time for war, for gang activity, for degrading another, for cruelty, or anything malicious. Mental health of everyone would become positive because all the negative energy that causes crime, pain, hurts, and incredible grief would dissipate. To take my time for another when I feel rushed is difficult, but when I do make the time for that person, my heart dances with joy....and the activity that I am late for really was insignificant as I did not need to be wasting my time in such a fashion....

The hour is drawing closer for us to leave the house for the concert. Thank you, God, for the talent, the treasure and the time that Alexia, Jennifer, Ted, Mark and Manfred are giving this Friday night... tonight..... tonight....... tonight...