"Sometimes I wish I were blind. Then, I could see a person's soul before I see their face..." a friend in NY 1969

Monday, April 26, 2010

Prayer


One nation....under God! .....but the National Day of Prayer will not be held at the White House this year... the same as last year under the current Administration. The day was a simple day which invited pastors of different faiths and denominations to gather for breakfast at the White House, and each were asked to give a prayer for our nation. This did not proclaim one religion as being the national religion.

So, for the second year in a row, President Obama still plans to issue a proclamation for May 6 as a day of prayer (just won't be at the White House). There is no plan for a gathering of people at the Capitol for this national day for prayer, as was awarded to another religious group last fall for their national day of prayer.

Michael Bresciani notes,"Our naitonal identity and our Christian roots are being ignored, denied or challenged on every level. President Obama's administration started off in the same vein with his now famous proclamation that America is 'not a Christian nation.' Of course we are not a "Christian" nation, because there is no such thing."

The Freedom form Religion Foundation filed against the proclamation in October 2008. US Districk Judge Barbara Crabb in Madison, Wisconsin, said the proclaimation "violates" the First Amendment rule that prohibits laws respecting the establishment of religion. WOW!!!!! This makes me breathless.....

I personally do not need anyone to encourage me to pray. Prayer is something that I do each and every moment with my words and my actions. Prayer is not foreign to me. It is my constant companion and communication with my Creator. ....and in some way I can understand the strange events of this time period of the United States. How many times has this nation spit in the face of God? We have abortion of babies with later term abortions, we have abortion of human beings who have a heart beat by the 18th day, we have cloning, we have destruction of human frozen embryos, we have euthanasia, we have persecution of His Church, we have people getting rich from litigation with His Church .....and the list goes on...

On May 6th I will pray, the same as I do each and every moment of my life. Join me, won't you? ...and if you are so inclined, encourage others to join you....