"Sometimes I wish I were blind. Then, I could see a person's soul before I see their face..." a friend in NY 1969

Monday, April 12, 2010

Oh, what a beautiful Easter season this is! Celebrating the God's merciful love for humanity, we gathered yesterday at Our Saviour's Catholic Community in Cocoa Beach, Florida. The celebrant, a Marian priest, provided a very insightful homily on human's being at their best and at their worst. He recounted how a man was cured of his leprosy. The man, who sought to be cured, expected a difficult remedy but was given a simple one. He essentially was indignant to follow such a simple plan. Yet, he was willing to follow a complicated plan for his cure. He was stubborn and stupid. After having someone bring this to his attention, he did as he was instructed....to follow the simple plan and he bathed in the river for a prescribed time period. Yes, he was cured.

Reflecting on these words, oh how many times have I been stubborn and stupid......so stubborn that I created mountains of pain and heartache just to have my way and not be willing to listen to others.. Oh, how many times I have been stupid in my choices, not seeing beyond the immediate outcome, reacting to circumstances instead of assessing and listening and making an informed choice.

Divine Mercy Sunday (the Sunday after Easter) is a celebration of God's Mercy for each of us. The Divine Mercy Chaplet has been recited as well as sung, ...... The message of mercy is so clear, and the image of Divine Mercy has a beauty of breathlessness and peace... with the verse... "Jesus, I trust in you." This was an invitation to all to immerse ourselves in God's merciful love. We sang the Chaplet after mass as we adored our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Concluding we with Benediction, each of us lingered in Church (myself feeling the warmth of deep love and peace)....

Have you had a time similar to this....where time was going forward and you wanted to remain there in the moment of God's love? Are your Sundays filled with the Son? Have you allowed yourself to trust in God's merciful love? Have you asked the Holy Spirit for guidance and help? Take a moment's rest... and allow yourself to experience a "peace that passes all understanding"..... Jesus, I trust in You..... Jesus, I trust in You.... Jesus, I Trust in You.