"Sometimes I wish I were blind. Then, I could see a person's soul before I see their face..." a friend in NY 1969

Tuesday, April 27, 2010


Friends are the best gifts to have....and if they are there for you in both good times and in bad, you really have a treasure! The picture is of Sheri and John Diamatis, owners of Beef O'Brady's on Merritt Island, Florida. Their business began prior to the five hurricanes that crossed the state of Florida a few years ago. So many of us were without electric, and heat was unbearable afterward. Yet, Beef O'Brady's on Merritt Island were open, had electric, and posted on their sign that their air conditioner was on. The entire community flocked to Beefs .... and to each of our surprise we were each given a complimentary cold beverage (non alcohol) as well as a large cup of ice and another complimentary refill of our beverage upon leaving. Sheri and John are a beautiful couple, who are always giving forward to another.... It could be a fund raiser for a child in need (to reduce medical costs) or hosting a school's night (where 10% of proceeds are given to the school to purchase things that are needed). Beef O'Brady's of Merritt Island is a community "Cheers", and continues to serve whenever the need exits...

Friendship is so needed especially these days. So many of us have been forced to work longer hours for less money, and have much less energy to give to a relationship. Even in the Bible we have many areas mentioning friends... "no longer strangers, but friends"... Hopefully, I can project the gift of friendship to those I meet, as well as those I love. Perhaps, I will be blessed with many close friends for the rest of my life, and that I might become close friends with others.

Thank you, Lord, for blessing my life with my best friend, my husband. Thank you for the friendships throughout my life time....and thank you for Sheri and John who have opened their hearts to the community.