"Sometimes I wish I were blind. Then, I could see a person's soul before I see their face..." a friend in NY 1969

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Reconciliation

In the quiet....near the Most Blessed Sacrament... I find my peace in the priest's words of forgiveness.  The moments are short, yet, last what seems to be a long time.  Sitting before the tabernacle I am bathed in the sweetness that comes from this beautiful Sacrament of Reconciliation.

I have difficulty with my physical decline, my limited mobility and deteriorating strength.  Since I can unite all of this to Jesus' cross and His suffering, I sit in a silence, listening with my heart to His peace.  There is no desire from me to seek a physical healing, as I have something to offer my Lord to save souls.  There are others whose needs are greater than my own....so, I won't ask. 

Thank you, Most Holy Trinity, on the eve of the Feast of Pentecost for loving this world and wanting to save us from ourselves.  Glory be to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning, is now and forever shall be world without end. Amen.