"Sometimes I wish I were blind. Then, I could see a person's soul before I see their face..." a friend in NY 1969

Saturday, May 8, 2010

MothersDay


As of midnight, it will be Mother's Day. Through the years I would send a flower arrangement to my mother in thanks for my birthday. At my age there is no longer the person "mother" to send anything in thanks.... For myself, over the years I have been the "mom" to several four legged "children", the two latest ones are both golden retrievers. There won't be any flowers or gifts, yet, both shower me with amusement each and every day and neither want to be separated from me.

Tomorrow at mass I will thank Jesus for sharing His Mother with us. At the foot of His cross, Mary stood with John as Jesus gave her to us... To follow in that direction and to follow the footsteps of Mary especially while doing the Stations of the Cross gives me the greatest joy and happiness. To honor the Blessed Mother, a showering of roses would be appropriate....the roses of her rosary specifically.

Happy Mother's Day, Blessed Mother!!!

Years ago I composed a simple song...and did dedicate it to my mother. Here are the words:

"Lord, I thank you for my mother. A perfect part of you she is to me.
Lord, I thank you for my mother. A helping hand that's helping me.
Thank you for loving me, dear Father, in a woman so fair. She give her love away.
Lord, thank you for my mother. Thank you for loving me this way."

Happy Mother's Day in Heaven, mom!