"Sometimes I wish I were blind. Then, I could see a person's soul before I see their face..." a friend in NY 1969

Friday, September 17, 2010

DELIVERANCE MINISTER 'DIED' AND CAME BACK

To love someone only to lose that person in death is a great heart ache. However, to believe in what the Catholic Church teaches about death, resurrection, and redeeming power of God's love has been a great comfort to many, including myself. I have learned that what I possess, the money I earn, the talents I have been given -- all are nothing without the seven Sacraments of the Church. Where my destiny lies is in the Heavenly arms of my Creator and my Redeemer. Until then, I frequently seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit throughout my day. To pray often, to remember my Rosary daily, to attempt to get to Mass more than on Sunday are all of great importance. It is in the end of my life that I will be questioned about my loyalty to God and His Commandments. It is the subtitles of the Commandments that cause we trouble mostly. Did I keep Holy the Sabbath? Did I give clothing, shelter, or any comfort to those who are without? Did I visit the sick or dying, and if not, did I pray for them? Did I covet or envy or be jealous of what my sisters or brothers or neighbors achieve or receive? Did I speak poorly of someone or of something instead of keeping those words in my mouth? Did I use my talents, my time, my monies wisely, or did I waste them on what has no merit for God's people? Did I waste time playing games on the computer or gambling, when that time could have been used to visit Jesus, in the Blessed Sacrament?

I believe that God has a special place for the people I love who have guided me by example: my sister (who patiently teaches other's music and was brave enough to learn to play the piano and organ); my brother-in-law (who comes in a moments notice to help, whether a hurricane, or a move back to Philadelphia); my older sister (using the guitar and openly sharing her love to those around her, who speaks highly instead of negatively of others); my older brother (willing to come without hesitation to another in need, placing his children and wife as his highest priorities); my younger brother (relinquishing his goals for the goals of his children, loving both without limits); my husband (by example will devote each Sunday morning to taking Eucharist to the sick and homebound, who tries to find answers for the problems they are experiencing); other members of my family who are lovingly committed to those around them, even traveling great distances to bring happiness to another.

This article about the Minister's miraculous response is outstanding. How wonderful it would be that each of us could have a similar experience in our own lifetimes. To this day, I miss both of my parents, especially on Holidays, the 10th and the 29th of each month. My head understands their passing; yet, my heart will stop within special moments allowing me to feel that moment with some sadness and then to remember what they taught me. Love is the unending circle. Life begins with love, and for most ends with love. It's the in between that needs as much love as we can give. DELIVERANCE MINISTER 'DIED' AND CAME BACK