"Sometimes I wish I were blind. Then, I could see a person's soul before I see their face..." a friend in NY 1969

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pain

Pain has become part of my life since my car accident in January 2006.  In attempts to diminish it, medication, meditation, physical therapy, prayer, and a TENS unit have partnered together. Yet, pain continues to reveal its' ugly head again and again, breaking through the combination that have keep it quieted to a one to two.  Today the pain pushed me to the point of inability to attend Mass, the sixth time this year.  Even trying to work has been overwhelming, with me now going part time from full time...with little hope for the pain to ever be controlled as it had been.  How odd that my life has changed so radically due to the accident!

Holy Trinity, I offer you my pain in union with the suffering of the whole church to save souls....  Thank you for Ministry to the Sick, who brought me Eucharist this morning.